New Construction vs. Resale, Which is right for you?
It’s a common debate for Buyers. Do you buy something brand new or a resale, meaning someone has lived in it before.
With any home purchase, there are three main criteria to work with: Price, Amenities, and Location. Whichever option you choose affects all three categories.
Here are some of things to consider when making your decision.
- You may be able to pick some of the finishes,
- Everything is brand new, which means fewer costs for repairs and maintenance will be lower initially.
- You get the most current floor plans
- There are often extra costs, such as window treatments
- New construction costs more on a price per square foot basis
- The floor plans and lot sizes are smaller than those of re-sales in nearby neighborhoods.
- You can purchase closer in and stay with in your budget
- The lots are bigger with more mature landscaping and privacy
- The floor plans tend to be bigger
- Resale homes can cost more in repairs depending on how they have been maintained
- The finishes may be considered “dated”
- You may have to spend time undoing other people’s decorating
To find out more about which might be the best option for you, send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation.