Whether you are a large or small business owner and have been thinking about different ways to promote your business but not sure where to start? My guest Julie Fry owner of Your Expert Guest is the perfect person to help you do that. Selling her networking organization in January, and COVID shutdowns hitting she quickly realized how important it was for businesses to be able to continue to reach people either through social media, virtual events, and Podcasts, maximizing a larger audience.
A huge podcast follower herself she reached out to friends as a way of wanting to help them make connections with customers, and it quickly launched into a new business idea in April – Your Expert Guest, a full service booking agency, teaching people how to get on podcasts, that are a perfect fit for them and connecting them with the right target audience.
Starting Your Expert Guest was a perfect way to put Julie’s ‘rolodex’ brain to work, as connecting people with other people has always come naturally to her. She walks her clients through the ‘ABC’s” from what a podcast is, to what to expect being a guest on the show. I’ve been doing this show for over 2 1/2 years now and I still see guests I’ve known for years that thrive in their business, but sill get so nervous on the show! It can be overwhelming for sure, Julie reminds her clients – you are just having a conversation, and it’s okay if things don’t go perfectly.
Beyond helping her clients feel comfortable being a guest her main goal is to share the benefits of why it’s important to increase visibility in their brand. She’ll walk you through her top tips below to help you maximize your perfect target audience.
- Boost Credibility – Get interviewed on podcasts and increase your credibility as the authority in your field.
- Improve your SEO (Search Engine Options) – Interviews will typically reference your site, building your SEO.
- New Audiences – , you’ll reach a highly engaged and targeted audience, ranging from hundreds to thousands.
- Build Your Network – Conversations with the podcast host can lead to more connections, business referrals, friendships and sales.
- Sales and Leads – Engaged podcast listeners will often visit the website of guests post-show.
- Show and Shine – This is a perfect time to let your personality come through, and share your message and passion.
For a full list of Julie’s services you can visit her website. Sign up for her upcoming virtual training course Grow Your Visibility As A Podcast Guest, December 3rd, teaching you the importance of why being a podcast guest is one of the best ways to reach your ideal customers, and how to frame your expertise so podcast hosts want to book you as a guest – and it’s free! If you’re ready to get started promoting yourself take Julie’s online quiz, or give her call for a free 15 minute consultation. You can follow her on Facebook for more upcoming events and helpful tips.