Seattle has some amazing options for art exhibits and museums, but don’t forget the Eastside. Here are some of my favorite spots when I’m craving culture closer to home:
- Kirkland Arts Center: Stop by to enjoy the exhibits, or release your inner artist with one of their classes.
- Heathman Hotel Art Collection: It’s a fantastic hotel and the food at Trellis is amazing, but did you know that they also have a world-class art collection? The next time you are there, be sure to stop and savor the art.
- Bellevue Arts Museum: BAM’s selection of thought provoking art, jewelry and sculpture will keep you in awe for days. It’s also a great place to hold an event.
- Bellevue Festival of the Arts: For over 40 years, downtown Bellevue closes its streets to some of the most amazing artists in the country. It’s always worth a visit.
- Kirkland Art Walk: The second Friday of the month from 5-8pm the galleries downtown Kirkland create a lively evening with music, snacks and a great way to view art in a less intimidating environment.