The weather these last 2 weeks has been insane! It’s inconvenient for everyone, but times like this can be devastating for small businesses. Many of whom are going on almost 2 weeks of closures.
It takes incredible bravery to open a business, and these shops and restaurants are what gives each neighborhood it’s own flair. So let’s get out and support them, just in time for Valentine’s day. And to make it fun, we are running a contest on INSTAGRAM between now and next week’s show.
HERE ARE THE DETAILS:
- What you love about them
- Tag the business ie: @businessname – provided they have an account
- Tag @nicolemangina
- Use the hashtag #The425Show
*Stay safe. If you can’t get out, then repost something from the instagram account of your favorite places.
Need some ideas?
Let’s talk restaurants, here are some favorite spots to try –
- The Harvest Vine – Seattle, Tapas menu that evolves with the seasons. Check out their amazing Prix Fixe Valentine’s Day menu!
- DERUMarket – Kirkland, locally sourced organic market, with hands down the best cakes and also offer catering.
- The Pumphouse Bar and Grill – Bellevue family owned and operated for over 40 years!
- Ristorante Paradiso – Kirkland – Authentic, Italian cuisine
- Volterra Restaurant – Kirkland – Italian cuisine with a great happy hour
- Cantinetta – Bellevue, and two Seattle locations – Italian cuisine, with a small locally sourced, fresh menu
- Coastline Burgers – Seattle and Kirkland – Gourmet burgers with homemade buns
- The Last Frontier Saloon – Fall City, great local hang out burgers, sandwiches and more
- John Howie Restaurants – Bellevue, Seattle locations
- Doofers Bar And Grill – Renton – say hi to my niece Jullianne!
- Hoffmans Bakery – Redmond, the most amazing Princess Torte
- Lady Yum – Kirkland, amazing bakery and known for their macaroons
- Kawami Sushi – Kirkland Premier Sushi restaurant
- Red Cork Bistro – Great neighborhood hangout in Mukilteo
- Gianfranco’s – Family run, Italian food in Snoqualmie
- Bottle and Bull – Craft cocktails and an eclectic menu downtown Kirkland
- Guest House – Seasonal, local ingredients in a neighborhood setting
- Bis on Main – An old school classic and always fun
- Russels – American fare served in a converted barn
- Tropea – Classic Italian fare in Redmond
- Sages – Italian neighborhood eatery in Redmond. Gluten free options
- Sweet Cakes – Bakery downtown Kirkland
- Mt Baker Bakery – Charming bistro downtown Bellingham
*Extra karma points if you tip more than you usually do. Trust me, it will mean the world to them right now.
Ready for some shopping?
One of the best things about shopping local, is store owners will go out of their way to help you pick the ideal gift AND wrap it for you. Make this the Valentines day that you finally show up with the perfect gift.
- Via Lago Kirkland – Womens clothing boutique, and my favorite place to shop
- Clementine Shoppe – Beautiful home accessories and gift shop
- Cookin’ Cookware in Madison Park – My favorite cooking store, loaded with great gifts and ideas
- Red Wagon Toys – Creative and unique toys and gifts for children
- Glassybaby – The perfect gift for any occasion
- Seattle Thread Co – Stylish mens clothing
- Asher Goods – Mens clothing featuring rustic apparel and accessories
- Essentials – Clothing and gifts for women
- Roos World of Discovery – A place for kids from birth to age 5 to play, discover and connect
- Alair – The ultimate neighborhood gift shop in West Seattle
- Kusak Cut Glass Works – Fine crystal glassware, chandeliers and trophies
- Ryan James Fine Art – Modern, abstract and conceptual art for your home
- Oh Chocolate – Locally made hand crafted chocolates
- Lizzy Kate Tea – Dozens of unique teas from all over the world
- The Book Larder – The ultimate bookstore for new and vintage cook books
- Misty Valley Farm – Locally made home, bath and body products
- Be One Yoga – To work the kinks out after being stuck indoors for so long
- Bala Yoga – Fantastic Vinyasa and Yin yoga classes
- Alive and Shine Center – My all time favorite yoga spot